Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Last night

      I decided to sleep around 12am and i may have got about 30mins of sleep. things got loud. and round 2:30am I decided to stay up and watch more TV cause 'LOUD PEOPLE' were not letting up.
I eventually ended up sleeping at past 4am. MY body didn't want to sleep and the bed was too hot. and I was coughing. and people were being loud. not a fun night.
      The drama I watched this morning was Shut up flower boy band. So glad I waited till all episodes were aired before watching it. I did try to watch it before it was finish. but it was hard getting past the first episode. What happens in it is that a group  of teen boys the school that they go to is closing. so all the students get transfer to other schools. and threw the convenience of Asian drama all these boys get transferred to the same school. The new school is this state of the art stereotypical rich neighborhood school. In real life I never seen one of these schools outside TV so I don't know I they actually exist. I seen schools that have no graffiti or less graffiti. (taging) I seen schools with newer equipment. but I never seen school so over the top with swimming pools and whatever unnecessary extras a high school doesn't need. I guess there are high schools with pools. But I don't think there is one in the AV. which is weird considering this is still California. and It gets hotter here then L.A. I guess any school out here would be newer then any school in L.A. so long ago the state had that kinda money. but i digress. The boys get sent to a new school together. Ther is conflict with the head rich boys.
not all the rich kids fault. but around episode 3 the lead of the poor kids band dies *gasp* spoiler. This i did not see coming. By now i'm noticing this drama  isn't shot with the same soft lighting. the shots look real life. not studio. The reason the boy, Byung Hee dies is erlier like episode 2 the rich kids get their bodyguards to brake the poor kids drums. ANd one of the rich boys tells Byung Hee that to fix his honor he will buy them a new drum kit. but  
he has to come alone to a dark alley. I'm thinking he's not going to fall for that. he's gonna tell his boys and they are going to wait somewhere out of site. but nope this guy is that naive and trusting. for this i call bad writing on the writers. cause they could have found some other way to get Byung Hee alone. I realize he needed to die for this story to work. but really?! anyway he gets beat a bit. not too bad cause the rich kids can't fight. but one of them take a aluminum bad to Byung Hee's scull. this disorients him. he has enough sense to run. while he is hiding he calls ONE of his friends. don't know why he didn't go through his whole phone book. but hay once again crap writing. first friend dosen't answer, call second friend they pick up, and then he calls other guy telling him to call the rest, phone tree style. calling only one friend was unnecessary overly used in a time of crisis this person is really stupid drama storytelling. anyway the guys get together and look for their comrade in crisis. and when they find him I'm thinking he's going to get hit by a car. Byung Hee looks up sees his friends and staggers toward them. one of the rich kids bursts out from behind a building and see that the Calvary has shown up. As Byung Hee with relief and happiness staggers towards this friends and safety a large truck hits him. now I saw it coming. but as slow as  Byung Hee  was moving that car should have seen  him. it had enough time to slow down, honk the horn, and scream obscenities out the window. but once again its other one of the pieces of evidence that the writers think the audience is idiots or they just make the characters really stupid. Its not just Asian dramas, they do it for american tv also. Mostly teen shows. not so much the shows for the older crowd. I know teenagers are idiots but maybe if the tv they watched portrayed them smarter then they would start behaving smarter?. not likely to happen but one can hope by the time my little one reaches teen years she will not be a follower. anyway I'm alittle past Byung Hee's funeral. both groups of boys are interring a contest. the poor kids are doing it for remembrance of their dead friend. the rich kids are doing it for i guess typical teenager reasons. 
Last night I started watching 12 men in a year. that caught my attention from the start. don't know why but i was hooked. started watching it on Hulu.com but had to find another site because by episode 2 there weren't subtitles. This show is about a woman that has to have sex  with a man from each Zodiac sign. and write about it in a article. 


No comments:

Post a Comment