Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Princess's man review

Okay so it took me a while to get into this one cause the first 5 mins everyone dies. and i just haven't recovered from Chuno. so I'm wary of getting emotionally invested in a show and have the people I'm rooting for end up dead at the end. So seeing the first 5 mins of princess's man I was like damn I already know y'all going to die so no point in me watching and feeling sad when the time comes. so it took me a few months to go back to this and watch past the death opening. but when I did let me tell you I couldn't stop watching. no mater how irritating the female leads life choices were, I just kept watching.
This one like pretty much all dramas had 2 men chasing one female. I liked the rival, really liked him. and in this case it wasn't just rooting for the underdog.......well maybe a little. but I liked his personality a lot better then the  male lead. Like in Chuno they were both equally good looking in different ways.
guy 1 was BEAUTIFUL! not quite too delicate of face to be confused with being a woman. but a  rare form of masculine beauty. there were a few scenes I was breathless gazing at his face. and it helped that he didn't really have much lines. he did a lot of standing around with a slight smile on his face. he also went through a kill them all ninja style dark phase. he effectively pulled off the sexy silent. On screen he had this strong almost agressive presences. when he looked at the FL I felt it. its like he was touching her with a look. and he makes you believe that anytime he looks a any woman it with a the deep caressing stare. *le gasp* *fans myself* I can't think of any other male lead that has the scrip directions to just stand ther, and pull this off by even a fraction. one actor that comes to mind is the guy in Samsoon he has a lot of just stand ther and look scenes, and he does it so poorly I can't interpret whats going on in his head. infact by me not pointing out that he almost looks brain dead in these scenes i'm being overly nice.
Moving on to guy 2, he was beautiful but more masculine. He has  a sweet boyish face. and I think this actor is older then guy 1. anyway first thing I liked about him was his amazing lips. they always had a soft tentionless look to them. I know he was a "bad guy" but I didn't feel it. I saw the remorse and guilt. and I think the main reason he started the things he did was he wanted to protect his father. The girl was second reason. i'm not sure he really loved her. he liked her. but i don't think he allowed himself to really see her as "his woman" cause the way he behaved with her was so filled with guilt, and a bit of fear. she was scary in the way she treated him. so cold.
Me personnely if I was her, I would have gave in to guy2. but under the excuse of my father ordered me to marry him or if i was a little bit hardheaded like her. and was made his slave cause I refused to marry guy 2. Id have hooked up with him then. At that point he wasn't treating her like a slave he gave her gentry clothes to wear and not slave clothes and put her in a private room. just hook up with him and if in the future you see guy 1 be like "I was his slave. what could I have done" in my head Id be thinking good times. and more good times with guy 1 hehehehe. I would not have out right betrayed my father. I'd have been more obedient. not cause I'm obedient. Family loyalty means something to me.  its just she's known her dad all her life. she just met this guy. and her dad was a good dad to her. I like the father the first few episodes before I knew he was plotting, I thought he was a good guy. and as the show went on I still took his side on things. I wanted him to have all the things he wanted and if he killed people to get it, I was like good. they shouldn't have been so stupid to get in your way. most of the show I wanted the rebels to die. The father = Darth Vader I was rooting for the dark side. maybe if the male lead didn't escape death so often then i might have liked him as something more then a fantasy sex toy. But its the scrip. The rebels just didn't have a long plan. they were too impulsive and they clearly had spys in their mist. cause every plot was found out. its impossible for me to want idiots to win. in real life I hate it when people make emotion based life choices, so i damn sho not going to accept it in fiction. these people were given so many chances to live the rest of their lives out in luxury. every time they failed at uprising more things were taken away from them. But they were allowed to live. at one point one of the supporting characters became pregnant and i'm thinking okay your going to stop now and think of this unborn child. what your trying to do isn't more important then a baby. but nope the dad goes out on a doomed to fail mission to take back the throne. but he doesn't even get to go that far cause he gets caught with written evidence on his person. caught red-handed even after you promised to live your life quietly and reflect on how stupid you is. I had no sympathy for him. i was angry that for him revenge was the only thing he thought important to accomplish. so after this idjit gets executed, the king/Darth Vader decides to kill everyone that has in the past or might in the future appose him. one of these people is the abdicated king. and that i did feel bad for. cause that child was basically just a victim of the adults power plays. like i said every time they try to appose the King they die or loose money. this time they lost the person they thought was the rightful king. So you'd think they would just call it quiets. Nope, that doesn't happen. the last man goes out to gather a rebel Army. and he's actually making progress with concurring the land outside the palace. and i'm thinking duh. this is what you people should have done from the beginning instead of fighting the Boss head on. you have to clear the trash out first, any gamer can tell you that. also they never IMO gave themselves enough time to regroup. its like every attack was at half strength. i really thought these people would take a few years to gather reasorces maybe support from other countries. send a messenger to china telling them about the over through of power. China came to visit and they tried to tell China then but they get caught cause they has a spy. but someone that survived should have followed the Chinese envoy and told them what happened.
The last guy had the perfect opportunity to kill King Vader but what does he do in those precious moments? he gives the speech about "oh you will be haunted by those you killed unjustly." blah blah blah just cut of his head before his bodyguard shows up. nope too slow. you get caught oh and by the way " you impregnated my daughter. just boy down and accept me as your king and I will let you and my daughter live peacefully somewhere far away" the last man standing/ guy 1 spits at the King. for 1 I guess he didn't believe that he made a baby at that moment. that's understandable he had just been beaten within a inch of his life.
FL is begged by her mother and cousin to convince guy 1 to just give up his revenge and beg King Vader for forgiveness so they can raise their unborn child together. but in the end she doesn't tell him she is pregnant. but since he knew anyway he puts his had on her belly *awww so sweeet* with a voice over of " why aren't you telling me about the baby" and her voice over " do you already know about the baby?"
he then passout/ die and her cry "no, i will follow you!"
next scene years later the queen is older with gray in her hair talking to King Vader about his sleepless nights. he has aged alot as well. with all grey hair. they go out for a stroll. and King Vader sees a man that looks exactly like guy 1. I'm thinking its a vision and the king is about to die. Guy 1 has this happy smile on his face, and a little girl is walking with him. and im like is that really him cause you see no signs of recognition on his face as he passes the King. later you see him again in a yard being welcomed by Kings daughter. but this time I noticed a walking stick and I'm like What! he's blind! that would explain why he didn't notice King Vader. and why he finally gave up on getting revenge. but How the hell did he become blind?? This is a major hole in the script. and very irritating.  but anyway the queen took it upon herself to fake the death of her daughter and guy 1. makes it look like daughter killed herself after guy 1 died in jail from his injuries. every one is lead to believe that they are dead and buried together.
We see king watching (from behind a tree) his daughter and now blind guy 1 living happily as peasants. and he has a peacfull look on his face. and he also isn't upset with the queen when she admits she deceived him. I think he's not angry cause all these years he was able to reflect on all the people that died because of him. main being his favorite child, his daughter. and after all this time seeing her alive with his grandchild gave him happiness. With that ending it made the show worth watching. I could have done without that blindness cause that didn't make sense. But at the end they did what I wanted them to do way earlier, which was go some place and live a quiet life. Also yes I was cheering for the bad guys. so i'm happy they won. The good guys were stubborn and not too likable. I was glad when they died.
I have to warn you tho that this is one of those dramas that went overkill on the tears. The ML/guy1 didn't cry that often so thats good. he smiled alot *le sigh*
 I want to watch that actor in other stuff. but I don't know if he will be just as sexy in modern cloths also I can't get past 1st episode on the other drams with him. one of these dramas I fell asleep many times trying to watch. but i'll try again with Queen of reversals. he's like one of 5 men on this planet that look good with long hair, better then they do with short hair. I prefer men with short hair. i have nothing  else to say just rambling now.

No comments:

Post a Comment