Monday, July 4, 2016

finally got something off my list.

                                                                                                                            July 3, 2016
Dear future,
            WOW! I won’t be surprised if I’m super sore in the morning. I Did it, I finally put together Zy’s loft bed. I started about 10:00pm and finished past midnight.
I feel accomplished. I used some muscles that haven’t had a workout in years. I had a small area to work with so when I realized that the entrance to the bed was facing the wall, instead of taking what I put together and then rotating. I said F’ck it and rotated what I put together so far. It was difficult I had to make sure I avoided the ceiling fan (I had already bumped into it earlier with the bed rail. ) and avoid my IMac. Mind you my IMac is already cracked from Zy. But I’m trying to preserve what I have. My geek squad ran out. Anyways while I was rotating this monster sized bed I got muscle fatigue. My legs were shaking. I was out of breath.
I was able to put it together with no extra screws. I wasted so much time earlier in the day. That when I cleared out a space to add the bed I had a whole wall clear. I was tempted to start painting it before putting up the bed. I didn’t because it was so late. And the bed was more important. That is labor I did not want to do in the hot daytime. There were a few times It would have been nice to have someone to help stabilize the pieces while I screwed the together. But somehow I managed.

   ~KS


P.S. I'm way too tired, to try to make the bed. besides Zy needs chores. 

No comments:

Post a Comment